Got to say…We’ve had an incredible response to Coffee House! We’re so excited for our Coffee Morning Social at The Chimney House on Saturday!
Really delighted that some of the best artisan and specialist producers are involved from our area…These are just a few…Think the wonderful Sheffield Honey – who I know are busy preparing batches of blossom cut comb especially for us… Our Cow Molly are going to be on tap with their supper famous Super Fresh Milk and bowls of cream for those of us who love cream for breakfast… (Us at The CH!!) And the mind blowingly good Seven Hills Bakery who are rustling up super baked goodness just for us – I mean you… (oooops) Catherine’s Choice will be on the jars of anything sticky, sweet and jammish… And of course our hosts – Tamper Coffee who are in our humble opinion the best purveyors and makers of artisan coffee – and of course tasty breakfasts!
As an extra special treat we’re going to be selling bags of super special coffee beans – roasted especially for The CH and will be available to purchase from Coffee House on Saturday.
It’s a fab time to be on the Island this weekend – aside from Coffee House there is the incredible Kelham Island Museam’s Victorian Christmas Markets… They had over 16,000 visitors last year – and they are taking over other parts of the island – so it’s going to be even bigger…Sitting in CH HQ and HUGE lorries and mysterious trucks are crawling past…
We have limited availability for the 9am breakfast table… So don’t forget to let us know if you’re coming on down…
We will be accepting walk-ins – but we won’t be able to guarantee your entry into Coffee House or past the Christmas Markets Ticket office – which you need to go past to access The Chimney House.
Everyone who has pre-registered will receive an email tomorrow with instructions. Your names will be on a strict guest list and you will be given access to The Chimney House to attend Coffee House.
Once in Coffee House you’ll be able to purchase tickets for the Christmas Markets from us – which is pretty cool – as you get to queue jump!! (think 16,000 visitors!!)
You won’t be able to just leave Coffee House and go into the markets – there will be random ticket checks and ticket checks before entry into each building or outside area.
If you don’t want to look round and purchase festive treats from the markets after Coffee House you’ll just need to walk back to the ticket office at the junction of Kelham and go on your merry way!
From experience there will be VERY little or no parking on or around Kelham Island – so good idea to walk if you can… There will be parking early on…But generally very early!! There is no car access to The Chimney House on Saturday.
Breakfasting on the Island. What a mighty fine idea.
We’ve created a morning time social with Tamper Coffee for lovers of coffee and seekers of breakfast perfection to gather at The Chimney House and breakfast over 40ft of breakfasting tables with friends, family or solo…
Inspired by global wanderings in and out of coffee houses and the perusing of some of the best breakfast experiences we’ve joined up with deluxe purveyors of coffee perfection – Tamper Coffee to bring you a the ultimate Coffee House of delight.
As with all of our Pop Ups – The Coffee House at The Chimney House will pop up and drop down again and pop up on demand.
The first Coffee House is on the 1st December 2012. We have 2 times. 9am (for early weekend breakfasters) and 11am (for a more mid morning brunchy sort of a feel)
The Coffee House will work in the following way…
- Pre-Register. Tell us if you’re coming to breakfast with us, what time slot and how many people. Not only will you have guaranteed entry past the ticket gates for the Christmas Markets but you will also receive a free ‘top up’ of Tamper Coffee – if you don’t – you won’t!
- This is important as our first Coffee House is on the same day as The Victorian Christmas Markets – next door to The Chimney House at Kelham Island Museum. The Markets start at 10am and they had 16,000 people to the one last year…!! So unless we have your name you won’t be able to access The Chimney House without paying to get into The Christmas Markets.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information. You can also go into Tamper and book your places there.
- If you are intending to join the festivities at The Victorian Markets at Kelham Island Museum you will need to buy a pass priced at £5 to get in – You can buy that from us when you are in the Coffee House – this is great news – as you can queue jump!!
- You WILL NOT be able to leave Coffee House and go off into the markets without a ticket. There will be random ticket checks and also checks before entry into buildings and areas.
- We are serving breakfast at a set price – the price is £10 per person. Cash only. Children’s entry is £5
- Additional treats are available and you can buy delicious items in addition to your breakfast.
- You will be greeted at the door of The Chimney House – where you will be checked in, pay and escorted upstairs for Breakfast delight.
- Places at the breakfast table are limited – so don’t miss out!!
Kiwi Jonathan Perry is a trained barista with extensive knowledge and a passion for coffee. He has worked with prominent coffee brands and roasters throughout New Zealand. In 2011 Jonathan moved to England with his wife and family and together they have recreated a slice of contemporary New Zealand Cafe culture in the heart of Sheffield.
Have a browse on their site for true coffee happiness… And a nose around what they do…
This menu has been created by Tamper and is about bringing people together to pick at, eat, talk & enjoy. It’s based on the ethos that the simple things in life are generally the best. But remember – PASS THE JAM. KEEP THE CRUMBS!
Saturday Morning – Set Menu
£10 per person – Cash Only
How coffee should be. Made by our highly skilled Tamper barista, using only the best freshly roasted beans and fresh local milk. short black, long black, flat white, latte, cappuccino or hot chocolate
‘Get in my belly’ slow-cooked porridge or honey-roasted granola, complemented with a treasure trove of Sheffield’s finest delights from our favourite makers and producers.
This is how the Europeans do it. Some of the finest pastries to melt in your mouth…These are no ordinary pastries… Load them up with fresh and creamy butters and homemade jams!
Artisan breads baked in the morning. There is something special about freshly baked bread, the aroma and delicate texture. Pile slices of gorgeousness with jams, cream, butter and honey… OOOO yes!!
Additional artisan coffees are available at £2.50 each.
English breakfast or earl grey tea also available.
If you need to get in touch… we’re on email@example.com